The ShangPharma Innovation Incubator (SPII) is located in the core of South San Francisco’s vibrant life science market, providing emerging companies with state-of-the-art laboratory space, equipment, and access to the expertise and services of our resident preferred vendor, ChemPartner, a leading contract research organization.
Our unique space fosters collaboration and innovation, helping early-stage companies achieve the scientific and business milestones that enable the next step of growth. Co-housed with the ShangPharma Innovation, Pandect Bioventures, and ChemPartner teams, resident companies have the opportunity to be part of an ecosystem that was deliberately designed to bring new therapeutic breakthroughs to life.
More information about us can be found at www.spiivc.com, www.pandectbio, and www.chempartner.com.
We seek to recruit a Facilities Manager who will be responsible for the following:
Manage design, planning, construction for any new space and the maintenance of our current incubator facility labs, offices, and infrastructure. Plan, budget, and schedule facility modifications, including getting estimates on equipment, labor, materials, and other related costs. Design and develop organizational policies relevant to the Facilities Department. Oversee the coordination of building space allocation and layout and facilities expansion. Oversee Environmental Health & Safety for the building. Also take responsibility for ensuring full utilization and occupancy of the incubator facility through marketing and outreach to attract potential tenants as well as working as needed with the incubator real estate attorney and other representatives. Provide facilities support to all residents and tenants. Select, develop, and evaluate personnel/contractors to ensure efficient operation of the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Working closely with management and liaising with existing support functional staff:
- Manage the design, planning, and maintenance of labs, offices, equipment, machinery, buildings, and other facilities within SPII
- Plan, budget, and schedule facility modifications including estimates on equipment, labor, materials and other related costs
- Oversee coordination of building space allocation and layout and facilities expansion
- Communicate facilities business needs and plan and negotiate contracts with outside parties including construction engineers, engineering consultants, architects, project managers, and building owners
- Manage and maintain general building functions, including HVAC
- Manages general facility services (e.g., security and janitorial)
- Maintain local and state government documentation requirements relating to facilities and its operations
- Oversee facility fire prevention and security procedures, processes, and equipment
- Oversee company requirements and execution of lab operations and facilities staff
- Oversee Environmental Health & Safety programs, including chemical hygiene program and hazardous material handling
- Comply with all company health & safety policies and procedures and ensure appropriate compliance from incubator tenants
- Secure new tenants for facility and help to retain existing tenants
- Work with the SPII real estate attorney on sublease agreements for tenants
One or more lab assistant/facilities coordinator(s) report to this position
- BS/BA degree in related discipline would be an advantage
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may suffice
- May require certification in assigned area(s)
- Typically requires a minimum of 3-5 years of related experience or the equivalent combination of experience and education/training
- Experience in biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry essential
- Prior success maintaining a lab facility, including remodeling, moving, and expansions
- Good track record obtaining (finding new) life science tenants and supporting them (biology and chemistry)
- Demonstrated strong collaboration skills working with both internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated ability to deliver facilities-related projects within specified timelines and budget
- Demonstrated capacity to skillfully communicate with all levels of employees and tenants as well as outside vendors and contractors
- Must have experiences in lab and office build-out construction projects
- Must be results-oriented with strong track record of success delivering quality workspace to employees and tenants
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and willing to take on a wide variety of tasks as needed with a real ‘can do’ attitude
- Must be able to handle emergency and/or deadline critical situations
- Must have the flexibility to be on-call out of normal business hours to handle facilities-related emergencies
Please submit your resume to [email protected] quoting Job Reference SP19001 in the subject line of your email.